Monday, November 8, 2010

On Being and Being Home

I went away. I went away for a while. It would be fair to say that I was away while I was preparing to be away. If I had it to do again, which I probably will given my profession, I would not lose all the time I lost while preparing to go.

Now, I am back. I would even venture to say that I learned a few things along the way. I have spent the last three months since I got home from deployment enjoying the fantastic changes that my wife has made to our house. She really is remarkable.

Now it is my chance to to start making my mark on our humble abode. Myrrh wanted a corner cabinet in the dining room and with the help of her cousin Ben, I learned all the necessary skills to give her one.

Not only was I able to put in a professional looking custom built in cabinet, I was able to plan it a way that made it look like it was originally a part of the house. I also discovered that I really like woodworking. I'm pretty good at it too. It's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment